Monday, October 19, 2009

Brain Freeze!

This week at my day job it's going to be a busy one. Working as a Graphic Designer and knowing that a national sales meeting is approaching in 5 days...I have to be prepared.

So this weekend I made a stop in Mt. Vernon IA, to eat at the Lincoln Cafe (one of my favs) and I made a side stop at the "Silver Spider". This store, in a nutshell, looks like my brain exploded onto the shelves, the items were given dollar amounts and shoppers were allowed to shop like it was black Friday. To say the least if you are claustrophobic....it's not a good place to be on a Saturday afternoon!

While rummaging through the mix of amazing mess, I came across 3 new additions to my office.


As you can see from the photo above these apes and a Guatemalan wishing doll are all I felt I needed to get over the stress of this week. Strategically placed on top of my computer monitor, they will greet me with well wishes each day and the encouragement to keep on going. If they fail....which they might....I have a reserve staff that has helped me through many past hurdles in the office environment.

A collection of such things as the: Pirate hooker,pooping squirrel, hoping bunny, bobble head dog, "Suck it" nun, walking brain, finger monsters, caterpillar, snail and other crawly creatures and of course the squishy stress hamburger. All vital additions to my office attire at some point. And I'm sure - truly appreciated by the other office staff. If these characters don't help in the release of creativity I can always resort to the infamous "idea board".


This on a daily basis is how my head looks from the inside out. A mess, I know, but it really does make sense to us creative types! Can you find the red polo shirted guy in hiking boots sporting a sweet mullet? He had a huge impact on a project I did a few months back.. you never know when inspiration will strike...take hold of these moments ...and if you're like me...save every one of them and display them - so others can laugh or scoff...either way it's going to spark some sort of reaction, and possibly lead to your next great idea!

Be glad you aren't my coworker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment