Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Going Green in Italy!

Scooter in Cortona
While visiting Italy it seemed like everything was brighter more vibrant and full of beautiful color.  It could be that the day I left Iowa it was 76 degrees grey and drizzling out.  I was inspired by all of the amazing colors in nature and have tried to bring that into my glass work once I returned home. If you've been reading my blog for some time now you'll remember last year when I started to lose my color inspiration and went outdoors to find something fresh, like these gorgeous flowers!

Well "Going Green" in Italy wasn't me trying to save the planet...but trying to get out, and get images of new flowers, colors, and interesting things to inspire...enjoy.

Pink Bunch in Venice at the Glass Expo
Yellow in Cortona.
Purple Pokey.
Tree with glass jewels at the Glass Expo.
Cactus and Red Poppy at Hotel in Cortona.
Basket of flowers in Rome.
Purple and white and everything nice!
Perfectly Pink!
At the Street Race in Florence.
Vines over a hotel entrance in Rome.
Outside the Peggy Guggenheim Museum in Venice.
Fuchsia in Rome.
Stair Steps in Cortona.
Flowers along the water in Murano.
Wild Red Poppies in Cortona.
Wall Flowers...
My favorite the "Crazy Flower" in Cortona.

No comments:

Post a Comment