Thursday, May 26, 2011

Light is Key

Love the rich purple.
It's been crazy busy around here getting ready for my trip to Italy (18 days and counting!!!) and keeping up with the market. However I'm never too busy to make a few small changes to my place and take a couple nice photos! It's been raining like cats and dogs so I've resorted to enjoying the flowers in my home instead of outdoors. I got this orchid from a good friend for my birthday and have managed to keep it alive til now...fingers crossed it continues to bloom! They say "light is key" to helping orchids stay healthy and full of color...this I feel is also important in my own home.

Orchid Climbing
The lack of light in my dining room has been bugging the heck out of me --- with a few small changes I figured I could solve this problem til I really decide to have the room wired and a real light fixture hung.  A trip to the garage proved fruitful in the fact that a couple of "headed for the trash" paper lanterns were rescued and taken off "dust collecting duty" in the college junk pile.  Amazingly these paper balls made it through 8 years and 6 moves to find their way onto my ceiling finally...and remarkably only one puncture wound that was caused while I pushed the wire supports into the rounds.


The change is bright, feels summery and the lavender and pale green lanterns go great with the wall and trim color. Not to mention I love the way they look with the bright purple orchid below.  Enjoy my random tuesday night photo shoot and take comfort in the fact that I lead a busy but mostly boring life...hanging out with my orchid and paper balls most nights.

Taken from the fireplace out the window.

From the french doors.

At night - love the shadows!

No comments:

Post a Comment