Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Glitter and Sweat pants!

After my initial purchase of far too much pumpkin decorating materials I asked some of my girlfriends if they'd want to come over and use up the remains.  They were all super excited for a craft night - as was I, and a potluck - pumpkin extravaganza was planned. The menu was a little mixed, warm bread with butter and Strawberry vodka drinks to start, salad, dips, and crackers for an appetizer, and personal pizzas, cheesy macaroni, and green bean casserole for the main meal. Chocolate cake with sprinkles for dessert, and we were all very full!

Spray Paint Everywhere!
Our first plan of attack was to spray paint the pumpkins black.  Little did I know a spray painting lesson would follow because I guess some people have never painted pumpkins before :). Then I had to include a photo op with my new partner in crime : Monte!

Next we took our mess inside and with a few black fingers later, had our pumpkins on the table and ready to be decorated! A few more lessons were learned about push pins and ribbons, glue guns and furry boas but we all had our own ideas and the pumpkins were coming together perfectly!
Working Away.
I took a little break to let my paint dry and get Monte to try on his new Halloween Costume.  He decided at Pet Smart that he wanted to be a blue metallic alien, and so it was! He really hates wearing it, however I managed to keep it on him long enough to capture one good pic!
SpoooooooooMonte!
After all the food had been consumed and we were all begging for a pair of sweatpants we posed for one final picture with our beautifully spooky pumpkins! Plans are in the works for a Christmas crafting party...now just what to make!
So cute!
My finished mirror ball pumpkin!
After I told my parents about my pumpkin decorating party my Dad was very interested in getting some help on a work contest. He'd signed up to compete against his fellow coworkers in a challenge to design a mini pumpkin.  Each employee was given a name and something that person liked to do, and they were supposed to design the pumpkin around that word.  My Dad got a guy and his word was "running".  So inspiring...I know.  My Father passed it off to me and Mom to take over the reigns and win the competition.

He looks like he's frowning!
A trip to the dollar store produced a wonderful find, one month old sized Red tennis shoes. Perfect! A sweat band, towel, dumbbell, coat hanger legs and arms, googly eyes, knee socks and Red tenni's later, we had a Runner that would make any employee proud.
Why so serious? :)
I think I'm pumpkin'd out. However I'll be doing some work on my 1950's Halloween costume tonight and working on my perfecting my 50's hairdo for Saturday....so I'm sure some fun photos will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment